Meditation Sucks + Souls Shivers


Lately I have been waking up at exactly 5am

When I wake instead of reaching for my phone to check in virtually, or turning over to try and fall back asleep, or lay there and let my mind wander, instead I sit up, put my feet on the floor, and say Thank You. 

The hours between 4-6am are auspicious.

A Divine time of connections, creativity, and higher intelligence. 
Have you ever noticed, being up at this time, it's when nature rises?
The birds are chirping, the squirrels gathering, the sun peaking out..... 

In an urge to really deepen my spiritual practice beyond the mat and asana I have called in waking at this time and using it to co-create my day with my Inner Wise Woman and Higher Guides. 

As always, in an effort to walk my talk so to speak, as well as be able to lead those who are ready to dive deeper into their practice, I have been experimenting for a long time with ways to deepen the experience of Yoga beyond the physical and outside of my mat practice. 

I have spent time in service, prayer, meditation, ritual, and deep study, all part of my daily sadhana. 

The worst and hardest part in the past has been meditation!

For a long time this was all I would hear ~ "meditation sucks!", "boooooring", "I am going to do this today and this today and this today...."

Well, I am sure if you have ever tried it you know what I am saying here ;) 

But as someone who is one to not give up, I called upon my Higher Guides and the Universe to gift me with the teachings I needed to make this happen, feel more connected to it, and allow me to tap in to what I was sure was possible through meditation. 

And since I am a Spirit Junkie and one who believes in miracles, of course they were listening and the lessons and gifts I needed came!

The first and last 20 minutes of my day are spent in prayer and meditation and  have become so sacred to me that I cannot wait for them! 
So much so I actually added a 10 minute sacred pause in the middle of my day... to get another 'hit' so to speak. 

I am now meditating with Love for 40-50 minutes every day and there's no looking back... 

Beyond asana, these momentary commitments to my spirit have become the fuel I use to be of higher service, a better sister/daughter/ teacher/friend, and keep me like an arrow pointed straight on my path. 

One of the reasons these daily commitments to my Self and Guides have become so important to me and really deepened my spiritual practice is that they are going beyond the physical, mental, and emotional sheaths (kosha's) and tapping me right in to Shanti Rasa!

If you remember from earlier this month, Shanti Rasa isTHE embodied state of inner peace and the heART of enlightenment during our time in this culture. 
(If you missed it you can read on that here)

For so long I asked myself, the Universe, really anyone who would listen (metaphorically) "what the f@#$ is peace anyway?!". 
I definitely wasn't finding it in meditation!

Always finding myself catching what felt like glimpses and then being pulled in to the chaos of my mind, the world, facebook, drama, relationships, habits, and so on, I would then think "really, that's all I get? It's impossible!"

As mentioned, not one to give up I would try and try again always with only those quick glimpses. 

Until now. 

For the past 40 days + I have been working the 'work' on the meditation cushion and found a set of collective practices and tools that have been most beneficial and offered wayyyy more than glimpses over the past couple of months. 

For example, last weekend I was driving to Kitchener to offer the Sacred Movement program and couldn't do my afternoon meditation as I normally would, but I didn't let that stop me and so I connected another way while I was driving. 

Here is the download or "hit" that I got and gave my Soul the shivers!



Yes! 
This is what I been feeling but couldn't put words too.  

The programs I have created, Sacred Movement Yoga Teacher Training, Heal + Transform Retreat, Yoga, Action, Adventure Retreats, Advanced Teacher Training's, have become my greatest joy's and ways of being in service to you. 

They are how I am just getting started at gifting what resources, tools, teachers, practices, pathways, and profound personal experience I have accumulated over ten years of teaching and practicing. 

My heart skips a beat thinking about it I get so excited for it all!

But know this too, these programs aren't for all of you. 

They are for the women in our tribe who have felt the power of Spirit and crave more. 

They are for the teachers who know they have more to offer in every way yet haven't found their power, voice, or feel fear around shining bright. 

They are for women who are ready to dig in to deeper layers of themselves to heal, empower, and transform on higher levels. 

They are for the teachers who know they have more to say and share but feel stuck around how. 

They are for women who are ready to dare to discover new inner and outer landscapes and explore new pathways of Being. 

They are for women who are ready to Lead, Love, and Be in their homes, work, communities.

A lot of what I offer, like sacred sadhana's, 200 hr programs, public offerings are also ways to step in, taste test, and explore becoming a Leader of Love with us too and have profound rewards too...... 

But, like with my sadhana, I am so ready for the next step!
Are you?

I am saving some of the deliciousness of these Shanti Rasa inducing/manifestation/beauty cultivating meditations + practices for my in person offerings, but I thought I would gift you all with my 10 minute mid day meditation that gave me that sweet, soul shivering "hit"!

I recommend you do this meditation whenever you can and for 40 days straight to get the best connection, downloads, and daily hits of Wise Woman, Higher Guides, and insights. 

Do it on your lunch break, mid-afternoon, even early evening when you get home if you have to, but do it every day at some point. 

Don't put your Self on hold... do it!

INjoy!


In Love + With Respect,

Megan Xx

Get 10 {FREE} Ten Minute Meditations here and continue to deepen your practice!

Comments

Popular Posts